Custom Search
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Tool

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sleep On It!



Talking about sleep, I think, it has been helpful to me in many of my writings. There have been many times when I have run out of words and ideas and I could not finish what I write. Most of the time, I just sleep on it. Interestingly, I get new ideas while I am sleeping. It has happened so many times that it has become almost natural for me.

It is fascinating to know that such an experience is also true to great scientists. In 1865, the German organic chemist August Kekule von Stradonitz has told about his important insight concerning the ring structure of benzene has come to him in his sleep. The 1001 Science Questions Answered book, has said that recent research has confirmed this anecdotal tales, with scientifically conducted experiments showing that a good night sleep can indeed result in people coming up with solutions to problems from the day before. Only a few from the group who has not been allowed to sleep has come up with the required solutions as compared with those who has been allowed to sleep. Experts explain that sleep enables the brain not only to consolidate knowledge, but also to restructure it and so help find solutions to problems.


Practically, many diseases have resulted from too much stress. Life in itself is stressful and the only remedy from stress is rest. Better than the physical sleep, is the spiritual rest. Jesus said, “Come unto Me all of you who labor… and I will give you rest” (Matt 11:28). He is the only One who can give a peace that is all transcending. Only Jesus can give us rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...