Custom Search
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Tool

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Farewell: “Cleopatra” Elizabeth Taylor

A 1981 Photo of Liz Taylor
Hollywood mourns over the passing of one of the greatest stars of the century, Miss Elizabeth Taylor. She’s one of the most beautiful actress of all time and many women have admired her beauty, style and have always wanted to imitate her fashion sense.

Liz Taylor as "Cleopatra"
Actually, I’ve been born late to witness how she has captured the limelight in her younger days but I have seen one of her biggest movie, “Cleopatra”. She’s stunning in that film. I must admit that I’ve admired her beauty too after seeing that film. Her acting is fine and convincing as well. I’ve realized then why the film has become such a classic and why she has become so famous even after so many years. She has become a legend in the international entertainment scene.

Most of the things that I remember about her are stories my mom and dad used to tell me before. Apparently, they have been admirers too. Then, a few stories I have heard from the news like how she has supported her friend Rock Hudson who has died from AIDS and her efforts to put up a National Aids Research Foundation, which later has merged with the AIDS Medical Foundation to form the American Foundation for AIDS Research.

young Liz Taylor- 1947 Photo
I also recall her friendship with Michael Jackson, how she has defended him after the child molestation issue he has faced years ago. She must be a very warm person. Reports also say that she loves jewelries and perfume.

I think I remember after the EDSA Revolution in the Philippines, former first lady Imelda Marcos have been accused of plundering the country as seen in her shoe collection of about 3,000 pairs of shoes that have been discovered in Malacanang Palace. Allegedly, Taylor has been quoted as saying that she has more than 3,000 pairs of shoes and it’s surprising for her to think that such is already a fortune for Filipinos.

At age 79, she has left behind four children, ten grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren. She has died in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California due to congestive heart failure.

Image Above Courtesy of:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...